"Everyone knows that Paul Rodgers is one of the greatest singers in the world. What they are only just waking up to is that there may never be another like him."
- Mick Wall Classic Rock Magazine
PAUL RODGERS' passion is writing and performing music. He continues to record and tour Internationally, although this year on a limited basis. For a man who prefers to keep a low profile he has left his indelible mark on music...
Platinum selling Singer, Songwriter & Self-taught Multi-instrumentalist
Written, Recorded, Produced and Released 30 albums since 1968
Sold over 90 million records
Formed and Led 3 bands to worldwide success: Free, Bad Company, & The Firm
Grammy Nominated Solo Career
Has Recorded/Performed with Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Brian May, David Gilmour, Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh, Slash, Nils Lofgren, Charlie Watts, Bryan Adams, Motown's Sam Moore, The Four Tops and others.
- Sold out UK Solo Tour. Def Leppard's Joe Elliot was Paul's special guest
- Became a Patron of the UK's Racehorse Sanctuary Rehoming Centre and Rocking Horse Children's Charity. Played a benefit concert for the Sanctuary raising £40,000
- Toured Canada co-headlining with Canada's Legendary Bachman Turner
- Became a Canadian Citizen. Now a dual citizen of the UK and Canada
- Receives the prestigious Ivor Novello Songwriting Award for his Outstanding Contribution to British music
- Four Million Air Award presented to Paul Rodgers by BMI for "All Right Now" surpassing four million air plays in the US
- Billboard Charts Top 10 CD Certified Gold "The Very Best of Free & Bad Company Featuring Paul Rodgers"
- Bad Company and special guest Joe Perry Project tour the UK after a 30 year absence, culminating with the filming of a DVD at Wembley, to be released Spring 2011
- First Bad Company tour of Japan in 35 years
- #1 Greatest Rock Single in the UK top 40 - "All Right Now"
- #4 on UK charts, Bad Company "Hard Rock Live" CD/DVD
- Performed with Joe Perry, Jason Bonham, Michael Anthony (Van Halen, Chickenfoot), Peter Frampton and others at KLOS radio's Mark and Brian's Christmas Benefit Concert in LA. Proceeds to The Eisner
- Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck awarded Paul with the Classic Songwriter of 2009 chosen by the fans and writers of the UK's International Classic Rock Magazine.
- Eminem's single "Beautiful" features Paul Rodgers voice
- Receives Honorary Doctorate from Teesside University in his hometown of Middlesbrough. Teesside was ranked the #1 University 2009 in the UK
- Performed during the Rock Roll of Honour week in London at the Hammersmith Apollo and released a live CD from the evening: www.concertlive.co.uk
- Turned 60 and friends Robert Plant, Mick Fleetwood, Joe Perry, Roger Taylor, Lynyrd Skynyrd - Johnny Van Zant, Bill Wyman & Brian May all pay tribute
- Recorded at Abbey Road Studios a song for the troops "We Will Remember Them"
- Exclusive 10 US East Coast dates with Bad Company
- With wife Cynthia began "Random Acts of Generosity" where unsuspecting fans receive $100. The only catch is that they do a random act of kindness.
- Performed at the African Children's Choir in Vancouver 25th Anniversary celebration with Michael McDonald, Beth Neilson Chapman. Bob Geldof was honored that evening
- Voted #3 Greatest Voice in Rock in Rolling Stone Magazine, fans voted on line
- Voted by Japan's Player Magazine fan poll #2 Best Vocalist
- Voted #2 Greatest Singer in Rock by Classic Rock Magazine
- Rodgers celebrates his 40th year as a Writing and Recording Artist
- One of only 8 people to ever receive a Proclamation from US Congress. Rodgers was given for his musical achievements and for his philanthropist work for the Fender Center's "Kids Rock Free" Music Education Program.
- Performed for his largest live crowd 350,000 in Kharkov, Ukraine for an Aids benefit with Queen.
- Released “The Cosmos Rocks” studio album with Queen + Paul Rodgers
- Queen + Paul Rodgers toured Europe, England, Saudi Arabia and South America
- Performed at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday bash in London's Hyde Park along with Will Smith, Amy Winehouse, Annie Lennox, Josh Grobin, Joan Baez, Jamelia, Eddy Grant, Leona Lewis, Razorlight, Soweto Gospel Choir, Emmanuel Jal, Vusi Mahlasela, Sugababes, Johnny Clegg, Sipho Mabuse, Jivan Gasparyan, Suzanna Owiyo, Amaral, Simple Minds, Andrea & Sharon Corr, Children of Agape Choir & Zucchero
- Performed at the “Gridiron Greats” benefit in Phoenix invited Sam Moore as a special guest
- Sang “Hold On” a duet with Deborah Bonham on her new CD “Duchess”
- Performed and recorded a DVD “Bad Company Live at the Hard Rock 08 08 08”at a one off concert in Florida
- Played 7 solo dates in North America including Dolphin Stadium in Miami
- Rodgers joins The Trans Siberian Orchestra for 4 Sold Out US Concerts
- Led Zeppelin, Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Paolo Nutini and other Atlantic artists perform at Ahmet Ertegun's Tribute concert at London's 02 Arena. Rodgers was the only artist to perform on both the A stage and B stage sharing with soul friend Sam Moore singing the song they recorded together “We Shall Be Free.”
- Jammed with Englands’ “The Answer” in London
- Hits #1 three times with Debut Solo DVD "Live In Glasgow" on Nielsen Soundscan Charts in Canada.
- DVD Hits #3 in the US on the Nielsen Soundscan Charts.
- Paul performs at BBKings Photocharity Concert Of Hope to end Youth Homelessness. Also performing BB King, George Thorogood, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and others.
- Currently writing and recording new album as Queen + Paul Rodgers.
- Played limited Solo Dates in the US, Holland & Norway.
- Sold Out UK Tour including London’s Royal Albert Hall
- Voted #1 SINGER by Japan's Player Magazine
- Voted " A ROCK ICON" in Classic Rock Magazine by fellow Musicians
- Received the Three Million Air Award from BMI for "All Right Now," which
passed three million radio airplay in the US.
- Recorded with Soul Legend Sam Moore CD "Overnight Sensational," including
Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, ZZ Top's Billy F Gibbons, and Bon Jovi.
- Paul Rodgers & Free released "Free Forever" DVD. Charted at #1 in the UK. Gold
- Q+PR appeared on Entertainment Tonight and American Idol
- Played 6 Solo US concerts
- The Pussy Cat Dolls, Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck, Kiss, Alice in Chains, Godsmack
and Paul Rodgers all performed two nights at Japan's Udo Music Festival
- Q+PR performed in South Africa at Nelson Mandela's 46664 Aids Awareness
- Q+PR toured Europe and England
- Q+PR released a Live Double CD & DVD "Return of The Champions" recorded in
Sheffield, England, featuring songs from Paul Rodgers' + Queen's catalogues.
Charted Top Ten. Gold Status
- Queen + Paul Rodgers toured North America and Japan
- Q+PR Released "Super Live in Japan" recorded in Tokyo featuring songs from Paul
Rodgers' + Queen's Catalogues
- Voted #1 Vocalist by Classic Rock Magazine
- Paul Rodgers performed the finale "All Right Now" on the First UK Music Hall of Fame's Televised Induction Ceremony, with Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor.
- Joined Hendrix's Band of Gypsies drummer Mitch Mitchell & bassist Billy Cox,
Carlos Santana, Pearl Jam's Mike McCready, and Kid Rock's Kenny Olsen for 3
Sold Out US Dates as "Experience Hendrix"
- Performed with Aretha Franklin, The Temptations and The Four Tops at The Tops'
50th Anniversary. "From The Heart" DVD was released.
- Featured vocalist at Wembley with guitarists Joe Walsh, David Gilmour, Ronnie
Wood, Brian May, Gary Moore, Hank Marvin and others for the Fender Strats 50th
Celebration." Strat Pack" DVD was released
- Played 23 concerts in North America plus one in Holland
- Played two sold out nights at London's Royal Albert Hall with Jools Holland.
- Recorded a new song "I Told The Truth" on Holland's "Small World Big Band"
- Friends 3 CD also featured Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Soloman Burke, Ringo Starr,
David Gray, Peter Gabriel, Michael McDonald, Smokey Robinson and others.
- Played 22 Concerts in North America.
- Paul Rodgers & Bad Company released "Merchants of Cool" CD & DVD featured
Rodgers' new single "Joe Fabulous.” Gold Status
- Rodgers & Bad Company played 32 US dates
- Rodgers played 4 solo Concerts in the US
- Performed with Jeff Beck in London
- At the invitation of Prime Minister Tony Blair, Paul Rodgers performed at the
Labor Party Conference.
- Sold Out Australian and UK Solo Tours
- Sold Out UK Tour with Bad Company
- Released his 6th Solo CD “Electric”, " His single, “Drifters” remained Top Ten for
8 weeks on Billboard's Monitor Heritage Rock Radio Charts
- Presented with “Lifetime Achievement Award” by Joe Walsh from the LA Music
- Sold Out concerts in the UK, Australia, US and Canada
- Performed a concert in Cleveland "Tribute to Muddy Waters," also featuring
Bonnie Raitt, Hubert Sumlin, Levon Helm, and many blues greats.
- Toured Australia with Roger Daltrey, Peter Frampton, Alice Cooper, a full
orchestra and rock band as “The Ultimate Rock Symphony.”
- Toured with Bad Company for the first time in 20 years
- Paul Rodgers and Bad Company released "The Anthology" a double CD
Rodgers’ New Song "Hammer Of Love" reached #2 on Billboard's Monitor
Heritage Rock Radio Charts
- VH1 filmed "Behind the Music" TV Special
- Released his first Double CD "Now & Live.” His single "Soul of Love" remained
in rotation on more than 86 rock stations for 6 months.
- "Now & Live" charted Internationally in the top 30
- World Tour included the usual countries, US, Canada, England, and Japan,
plus the unusual countries of Russia, Israel, Bulgaria, Romania, Argentina, Brazil
- Performed at Woodstock's 25 Anniversary Concert
- Headlined at Gibson’s Night of 100 Guitars' at Wembley
- Performed at the 'Elvis Tribute' in Memphis
- Collaborated with Slash and Hendrix's Band of Gypsies to record " I Don't Live
Today" on Stone Free: A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix
- Released his Grammy Nominated "Muddy Water Blues" CD with contributions
from Jeff Beck, Richie Sambora, David Gilmour, Brian May, Steve Miller, Slash,
Buddy Guy and others. Rodgers wrote the title track, “Muddy Water Blues.”
- Released the 'Hendrix Set' CD
- Formed the "Law" and Released CD "The Law" that included America’s # 1 AOR
hit "Laying Down The Law" written by Rodgers.
- 1988 Performed at Madison Square Garden for the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary
- The Firm released a Multi-Platinum CD "Mean Business"
- World Tour SOLD OUT
- The Firm released Multi-Platinum CD "The Firm"
- World Tour SOLD OUT
- Formed "The Firm" with Jimmy Page
- Released his First Solo Album "Cut Loose.” Paul Rodgers played all of the
- Rock's First Charity Tour, US ARMS Tour, to help musician Ronnie Lane's
fight against Multiple Sclerosis included Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Joe Cocker,
Paul Rodgers and others.
- Formed Bad Company with Guitarist Mick Ralphs
- Released 6 Multi Platinum Albums spawning rock classics "Can't Get Enough", "Feel Like Making Love", “Shooting Star", “Bad Company” and "Rock & Roll
- Formed "Free" with Guitarist Paul Kossoff
- Released four Top Five Albums, included smash hits “All Right Now,” (which was
a #1 hit in 20 Territories), “Wishing Well,” “Fire & Water”….
- Played over 700 live shows throughout the world, including England's Legendary Isle of Wight Festival, also on the bill, Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, The Who and others